GFI Composites Ltd. strongly believes that leadership, both by management and workers, is very important for the success of our health and safety management system and the individual and collective aspects of our prevention initiatives. We believe that only through leadership and an understanding of our individual and collective roles and responsibilities for safety can our health and safety efforts be effective.
GFI Composites Ltd. shall ensure, where it is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all workers. Specifically, GFI shall:
- provide and maintain a workplace and the necessary equipment, systems and tools that are safe and without risk to the health of our workers;
- provide information, instruction, training and supervision and facilities that are necessary to ensure the health, safety and welfare of our workers;
- ensure that our workers, and particularly our supervisors, are made familiar with health or safety hazards that may be met by them in the workplace;
- conduct our work so that people not employed by GFI Composites are not exposed to health or safety hazards as a result of our work;
- ensure that our workers are given operating instructions on the use of devices and equipment provided for their protection;
- consult and co-operate with the worker health and safety designate on all matters respecting occupational health and safety at the workplace;
- respond in writing within 30 days to any recommendation of the worker health and safety designate indicating that the recommendation has been accepted or that it has been rejected, with a reason for the rejection;
- provide periodic written updates to the workplace health and safety designate and all staff on the implementation of a recommendation accepted by the employer until the implementation is complete;
- consult with the workplace health and safety designate at the workplace about the scheduling of workplace inspections that are required by the regulations, and ensure that the workplace health and safety designate participates in the inspection.