Powder coating, a mixture of finely ground particles of pigment and resin, is electrostatically sprayed onto the item’s surface. Once the powder is applied to the item, it is then headed and fused into a smooth coating in the curing oven. The result is a stronger, greener, more efficient way to cover any item, in any color imaginable.
Why Powder Coating is the fastest growing finishing technology in North America:
- Superior Finish and Durability
- Powder coating provides a superior and attractive finish and is four times more durable than paint.
- Chop Resistant
- More flexible than paint, powder coating molds to the surface and withstands chips and abrasions.
- Long Lasting Protection
- The powder pigment and resin adhere to the surface and are heated and cured to give a tough coating to an item. Powder Coated Tough means a more resistant finish to UV fading from the sun, as well as effects of acids, moisture, and chemicals.
- A Thicker Coating is a Better Coating
- The powder coating process covers surfaces with one to three millimeters of coating. A thicker coating translates into increased durability and protection.
- Environment-Friendly and Less Waste, Saving you Money
- The powder coating process involves no solvents or toxic chemicals. Powder that does not adhere to the surface can be reused. Less waste and no environmental toxic materials provide a cleaner, more efficient, and less costly coating option.